Create Your Own Fundraiser
One of the most impactful ways you can support our life-changing work is to host a fundraiser! Hosting a fundraising event is an effective way to raise money for Community HousingWorks.
Support CHW by doing what you love! Here are some ideas for fundraising events:
- Ask for donations in lieu of gifts when you celebrate a birthday
- Set an exercise goal for yourself and ask for support when you meet it
- Honor a loved one with a gift
- Find a walk in a community near you and invite friends, family and colleagues to join your team.
- Start a community walk with community members, coworkers or close friends
- Host an online fundraiser (see tips below!)
Tell people why you are supporting Community HousingWorks and ask for their support. Make it personal to make it powerful.
Fundraising on Facebook is free, easy and 100% of contributions will go directly to Community HousingWorks! All you need is a Facebook account. Here's how to set up your fundraiser:
- Log into Facebook to set up your fundraiser.
Visit facebook.com/fund/CHWorks OR select "Fundraisers" from the left side bar menu, click "Select Nonprofit," search "Community Housing Works" and click to select.
- Make it your own.
You can edit the default CHW cover photo and name to customize it for your followers.
- Tell your story.
This is where you let friends and family know why you're raising funds for CHW.
- Preview the details of your fundraiser.
Confirm the information is correct. You can edit later, as needed.
- Share with your online community.
Invite Facebook friends, share on your newsfeed and donate to your own fundraiser to get started.
You can also create an Instagram fundraiser!
- Open the Instagram app
Go to your profile page.
- Tap the + sign at the top of your profile page
- Search for our account: @chworks
- Fill in the details.
Add an image, description and fundraising amount.
- Tap the "Share fundraiser" button.
That's it, you're set!
Promote your fundraiser to your followers for even greater impact.
Promote Your Fundraiser
Use the sample images and text below to promote your fundraiser to your community!
- For my birthday this year, I'm asking for donations to Community HousingWorks. I've chosen CHW because their mission means a lot to me, and I hope you'll consider contributing as a way to celebrate with me. Every little bit will help me reach my goal. I've included information about Community HousingWorks below.
- Funds raised will help to provide a family with financial coaching to regain economic stability. To ensure a young scholar maintains reading at their grade-level. To make certain an older adult ages among a supportive community with the dignity she deserves. We aim to provide meaningful support in the lives of residents and are committed to helping them build their futures through our resident programs.
- Opportunity begins with a stable home. Community HousingWorks provides and builds life-changing affordable apartment communities with resident-centered services for working families, seniors and people with disabilities to forge stronger futures.
- Opportunity begins with a stable home. At Community HousingWorks, we believe housing is a platform for success. We provide and build life-changing affordable apartment communities with resident-centered services for working families and individuals, seniors and people with disabilities to forge stronger futures. We serve as a foundation for our residents by providing the necessity of a safe, stable, and quality home where residents can improve their financial well-being, be a part of a resident-engaged community, and have access to programs and connections based on their needs and community assets. Access to opportunity allows people to achieve life-changing goals for themselves, their families, and their communities. Your gift helps provide that opportunity.