North Santa Fe
A transit-oriented community at a suburban Smart Growth node
301 North Santa Fe Avenue, Vista, CA (San Diego County)
Completed: 2015 (new construction)
North Santa Fe Apartments is located directly across the street from the Vista Transit Station served by North County Transit District’s Sprinter train and BREEZE buses. The 1.4 acre transit-oriented development is located in one of the few North County SANDAG Smart Growth areas. North Santa Fe became an early part of the thriving revitalization of Vista’s pedestrian-friendly urban village. Development of the project included substantial public utility relocation, improvement of the adjacent public alley, and remediation of industrial contamination.
- Pedestrian-friendly, transit-oriented development with underground parking
- 68 affordable apartment homes for families at 30 to 60 percent of the area median income (AMI)
- Ten apartments reserved for Transition-Aged Youth aging out of foster care, with supportive services from Lifeline
- Resident success supported by CHW’s on-site Achieve resident services
- Certified Green Point Rated with 201 points (Platinum Level), SDG&E California Advanced Home Design program with high energy and water efficiency
- Solar thermal water heaters, and photovoltaic panels that support 50% of the common area electric load.
- Site plan, architecture, and artwork feature train imagery inspired by part of Vista’s history: the historic Santa Fe Railroad and its iconic Super Chief train