La Costa Paloma
Inclusionary apartments seamlessly integrated into a luxury community.
@ 1953 Dove Lane, Carlsbad (San Diego County)
Completed: 2005 (new construction)
La Costa Paloma includes 180 affordable apartments on 13 acres, part of the prestigious 3,600 unit master planned community of The Villages of La Costa.In apartnership with Mercy Housing, CHW has been the lead developer and owner from entitlement through the present: meeting the demanding requirements of the master developer and the City of Carlsbad for a cost-effective and classy design and operating approach that matches the quality of the surrounding luxury community.La Costa Paloma’s design accommodates large community events and children’s play on an expansive central recreation area.
- Half of the apartments include three and four bedrooms, connecting multi-ethnic large families with Carlsbad’s highly ranked school system and employment centers
- Multi-purpose community building with kitchen, computer lab and exercise facility
- Overlooks the fourth fairway of La Costa Resort, a world class PGA golf course, and is a short walk away from shopping, services, Dove Library, and commuter buses
- A new added solar photovoltaic system for residents and common areas, and CHW’s green leadership, were the 2016 subject of a webcast SolarCity mini-documentary
- Resident success supported by CHW’s on-site Achieve resident services
- Affordable Housing Finance, “Best Master Plan Community Project, Nominee”, 2007 (national)