Requirements & Guidelines
The Board of Directors of Community HousingWorks created the VALOR Scholarship Program to provide funds to CHW residents who aim to achieve life-changing goals for themselves, their family and their community. VALOR Scholarships can be used for expenses related to achieving ones’ goal. Expenses including but are not limited to, tuition and fees, room and board, transportation, books, and supplies. Applications are reviewed and evaluated by a committee comprised of staff and volunteers. All selections made by the committee are final.
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must:
- Applicants must be over the age of 16.
- Applicants must be a current Community HousingWorks resident and/or involved in a CHW program.
- Complete the VALOR application, Personal Statement Essay and provide 2 letters of recommendation.
- Applicants must show proof of currently enrollment or desired course(s) for: college, trade/vocational school, GED/Prep courses, enlistment in the Armed Forces, etc.
- There is no Grade Point Average required for high school residents or first time applicants.
- Renewal applicants must provide transcripts with current Grade Point Average (GPA).
- Scholarship recipients must be willing to be interviewed for news releases and attend the Annual VALOR Scholarship Awards Ceremony.
VALOR Scholarship Application