Building Communities. Transforming Futures
As we look back at 2015, we celebrate a year of dramatic growth and exciting changes! With the transfer of our homebuying programs to Springboard, we have sharpened our focus on the growing need for affordable apartments across California and ensuring that residents can overcome the odds stacked against them. To the people living in CHW communities, our apartments have always opened the door to a better future. Now we are able to provide this same opportunity to thousands more.
Today, over 8,000 people across California call a CHW community home – from San Diego to LA, Fresno, and the East Bay!
In 2015, Community HousingWorks helped over 8,000 people find stable homes and transform their futures…
2,486 families, seniors, & individuals found stability in our 35 affordable rental communities.
- 40% growth and expansion statewide, with 4 new apartment communities added: North Santa Fe Apartments in Vista, The Groves in Pasadena, Parks at Fig Gardens in Fresno, and Mayberry Townhomes in San Diego
- 4 awards earned, including the prestigious Charles L. Edson Award and the Southern California Association of Nonprofit Housing Project of the Year for our Azusa Apartments
Next Generation Success
Over 1,000 children and teens found a safe place to learn & grow in our 17 Learning Centers.
- 106 teen Achievers developed leadership skills and gave back to their communities
- 254 K-3rd graders grew in their love for reading in our Running Readers program
“The Learning Center was a big part of growing up for me. I am the person that I am today because of the help I found here.”
– David, La Costa Paloma Apartments
Financial Stability & Mobility
395 people strengthened their financial stability & mobility with the help of our financial coaches.
- 76% of Financial Fitness class graduates improved their credit scores by an average of 20 points
- 60% of Financial Fitness class graduates lowered their debt by an average of $5,415
“Working with a financial coach has given me the mindset of knowing that if I set a goal, I can achieve it.”
Alejandro, North Santa Fe Apartments
Thank you to our 2015 donors and supporters, who are critical to advancing our mission.
Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
Bank of America
Bank of the West
California Bank & Trust
California Housing Partnership
Downs Pham & Kuei
Enterprise Community Partners
Foundation Communities, Inc
Gubb & Barshay, LLP
Guild Mortgage Company
HG Fenton Company
Housing Opportunities Collaborative
John Stewart Company
JP Morgan Chase
Leaf & Cole , LLP
Leichtag Family Foundation
McKinney Advisory Group
MUFG Union Bank
Mutual of America
Pacific Western Bank
Portrait Homes, Inc.
Price Philanthropies Foundation
Rodriguez Associates Architects & Planners
SK Management Company
Sun Country Builders
Torrey Pines Bank
Trinity Grading Inc
Wells Fargo Bank
Westfield , LLC
Donor list includes gifts over $1,000 from organizations in 2015.