Thank you for your interest in becoming a CHW volunteer!
CHW offers exciting volunteer opportunities for individuals, families and local businesses! We are currently recruiting homework and reading coaches and Family Night volunteers. We are currently seeking volunteers that want to help during our Out of School programs with homework, literacy, arts enrichment, and community building activities. Our programs are offered in community centers around San Diego County as well as Azusa/Pasadena area. Share your passions and skills today!
Please click the link below to complete the volunteer application. Note: You will need contact information for your emergency contacts.
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
- After-school Program Volunteers: Facilitates snack time, homework help, online literacy program (I-Ready), read alouds, community activities, and arts enrichment activities. (Shifts are generally Monday through Thursday between the hours of 2:30pm-7:00pm.)
- Community Volunteer Leaders: (Requires consistent after-school schedule and minimum three month commitment) Supports with building after-school program capacity, starting and closing the program, increasing service days, and monitoring computer lab access. (Shifts are generally Monday through Thursday between the hours of 2:30pm-7:00pm.)
- Canvassers and Volunteer Recruiters: Work on your own flexible schedule to help us recruit volunteers, post to social media/blogs, and distribute flyers in your community. Canvassing kits and training are provided!
One-time Volunteer Opportunities
- Family Night Guest Reader: Volunteer to be a guest reader at one of our Family Nights for our Running Readers Program. Family Nights are special monthly reading celebrations when parents and caregivers are invited to engage with their students through fun literacy-based activities. This is a great volunteer opportunity for families – you can even bring your kids with you to share in the fun. Volunteer for one evening for one hour at one of our learning centers (one closest to you). All Family Nights have a different theme and you can even request a theme if you’d like! Note: This opportunity does not require an application. Please contact us to sign up.
- Group or Organization-Lead Family Night: If your organization is looking for a group volunteer opportunity, our monthly family nights throughout San Diego County are a great way to get involved! Please contact us to sign up.
*If you are volunteering at one of our Learning Centers, you will need to complete a background check. Fill out this form and take it with you to any of these locations for your LiveScan. Please note that the minimum age for volunteering is 15. If you are between 15 and 17 years old, you will be asked to have recommendations in lieu of background check
Questions about volunteering with us? Please contact our volunteer coordinator at email@example.com.
Already a volunteer? Log into the volunteer portal below:
Can’t volunteer, but want to give back?
We gladly accept in-kind donations that support our programs. You can host a book drive or donate school supplies, snacks or other items to our Learning Centers. Please contact us at the link below to learn more.
Contact us ›
For more information on how you can support CHW contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-450-5433.